UPDATE YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE, FROM WINTER TO SPRING
It’s that time of the year once again. Winter has departed, leaving behind a trail of dry, itchy skin after months of freezing temperatures. Although we may be eager to embrace the sunny spring season, our skin necessitates a bit more time to adapt.
Spring is a great time to adjust your skincare routine to fit the changing weather as it brings more humidity and warmer temperatures, necessitating adjustments to your sun protection and anti-aging regimen.
So, how can we prepare our faces for the upcoming warmer days? We prepared some suggestions on revitalizing dull winter complexions and attaining a healthy springtime radiance.
Here are some tips for a spring skincare routine:
1. Adjust your cleanser: If you have been using a heavier cleanser during the winter months, it may be time to switch to a lighter one for spring. A gentle, foaming cleanser can help remove dirt and oil without stripping your skin of its natural oils.
2. Exfoliate: As the weather warms up, you may notice that your skin is feeling a bit dull or rough. Regular exfoliation can help remove dead skin cells and reveal brighter, smoother skin.
3. Lighten up: Spring weather typically means more humidity and moisture in the air, so it’s a good idea to switch to lighter moisturizers and serums that won’t feel heavy on your skin.
4. Treat hyperpigmentation: If you have any leftover hyperpigmentation from the winter months, now is a great time to treat it. Look for skincare products with ingredients like vitamin C or niacinamide, which can help brighten the skin and reduce the appearance of dark spots.
5. Wear sunscreen: As the weather warms up and you spend more time outdoors, it’s important to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, and reapply every two hours if you’re outside for an extended period.
6. Stay hydrated: Don’t forget to drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out. This can help prevent dryness and flakiness.
7. Get enough sleep: Don’t underestimate the importance of getting enough sleep for your skin’s health. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night to help your skin look its best.
Spring is a great time to look at your expiry dates and toss anything old. Sanitize all your makeup tools including your brushes, face rollers and sponges to prevent a buildup of bacteria germs and viruses.
You might also be instered in…
Happy December, beauty enthusiasts! As we bid farewell to 2023, at Beauty Buddy we've wrapped up the ultimate skincare gift – the top ten must-have products that have stolen the hearts of our beauty squad. From the trusted formulas of Garnier and the soothing touch of...