UPDATE YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE, FROM WINTER TO SPRING
It’s that time of the year once again. Winter has departed, leaving behind a trail of dry, itchy skin after months of freezing temperatures. Although we may be eager to embrace the sunny spring season, our skin necessitates a bit more time to adapt.
Spring is a great time to adjust your skincare routine to fit the changing weather as it brings more humidity and warmer temperatures, necessitating adjustments to your sun protection and anti-aging regimen.
So, how can we prepare our faces for the upcoming warmer days? We prepared some suggestions on revitalizing dull winter complexions and attaining a healthy springtime radiance.
Here are some tips for a spring skincare routine:
1. Adjust your cleanser: If you have been using a heavier cleanser during the winter months, it may be time to switch to a lighter one for spring. A gentle, foaming cleanser can help remove dirt and oil without stripping your skin of its natural oils.
2. Exfoliate: As the weather warms up, you may notice that your skin is feeling a bit dull or rough. Regular exfoliation can help remove dead skin cells and reveal brighter, smoother skin.
3. Lighten up: Spring weather typically means more humidity and moisture in the air, so it’s a good idea to switch to lighter moisturizers and serums that won’t feel heavy on your skin.
4. Treat hyperpigmentation: If you have any leftover hyperpigmentation from the winter months, now is a great time to treat it. Look for skincare products with ingredients like vitamin C or niacinamide, which can help brighten the skin and reduce the appearance of dark spots.
5. Wear sunscreen: As the weather warms up and you spend more time outdoors, it’s important to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30, and reapply every two hours if you’re outside for an extended period.
6. Stay hydrated: Don’t forget to drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out. This can help prevent dryness and flakiness.
7. Get enough sleep: Don’t underestimate the importance of getting enough sleep for your skin’s health. Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night to help your skin look its best.
Spring is a great time to look at your expiry dates and toss anything old. Sanitize all your makeup tools including your brushes, face rollers and sponges to prevent a buildup of bacteria germs and viruses.
You might also be instered in…
Simplify Your Routine: How to Multi-task Your Way to a Flawless Look! In the fast-paced world we live in, efficiency is key, and that extends to our beauty routines as well. Makeup multi-tasking is a game-changer that allows you to achieve a stunning look without...