The hardest thing about self-care is prioritising yourself! Sometimes it is difficult to set aside time just for you but self-care is necessary, it is a way to remind yourself and others that you and your needs are important. Having self-care habits is a great way to ensure you give yourself the time and space you need to look after you.
Creating a routine is a great way to become our best selves. Start with something small and achievable and build on it, you will see and feel the benefits. Allocate a specific time and place that suits you for a daily self-care and build up your habits. Set some goals for yourself, it’s great to have a target in mind. Be it, building from 10mins for yourself every morning to 30mins or adding in that extra gym session, you decide.
There are so many benefits to self-care, here are some of the key ones. Self-care,
– boosts our mental and physical health
– allows us to build a healthier relationship with ourself
– increases our positivity levels, our self-esteem and our confidence
– improves our motivation and ultimately our productivity levels
Here are some ideas for you to get started with you self-care plan. Make a list or add your self-care things to do to your calendar. Make sure to add in things that you enjoy doing but ‘don’t have time for’. You have the same 24 hours a day that everyone else has in the world. Choose a little of each day for you!
– Walk, jog or run, whatever suits you.
– Meditate for 5-10 mins, this can be done anywhere, just close your eyes and breathe deeply
– Swim, if you are lucky enough to have access to the sea or a pool – go for a dip.
– Take a break when you need it. Get up from your desk and go grab a coffee or sit down and put your feet up if you’ve been on them all day.
– Arrange an evening where you pamper yourself, face mask, deep soak in the bath, paint your nails, the list is endless.
– Learn to say ‘No’, don’t keep sabotaging your self-care routine for others. There are times when it’s ok to say ‘No’ you could maybe help them another time.
While you may see and feel the rewards of self-care be sure to congratulate yourself on reaching your goals, making time for yourself and being the best you can be. Don’t forget self-care is a journey, if you falter it’s ok, just start again and get back on track. Don’t be hard on yourself, love yourself and enjoy the time you are taking back to take care of you. Now go put that kettle on.
We would love it if you shared some of your self-care moments with us, we can help motivate each other to stay on track! Just tag us in your image on whichever social media platform you use!💗💗💗