MASKNE: 5 steps you can take to prevent it
As masks have now become a part of safety for everyday life so too has MASKNE or skin irritation caused by wearing a mask. Skin Expert Eavanna Breen talks about what you can do to avoid skin irritation while staying safe.
Wearing a mask can provide a warm and moist atmosphere due to breathing and talking which while slowing the spread of Covid-19 can instead lead to increased bacteria inside the mask. Eavanna recommends a 5 part skin routine to ensure you can avoid being struck by Maskne!
- Make sure you are using a gentle cleanser daily and not one that is stripping the skin of its protective layer which could add to the irritation, for example the Cerave Foaming Cleanser which is rated 4.5 stars on Beauty Buddy.
- It’s very important for health reasons and to prevent skin irritation to ensure your mask is cleaned regularly ie. after each use. Or if you are using a disposable mask that you dispose of them as required.
- Go back to basics with your skincare routine, avoid harsh ingredients like direct acids if you are going to be wearing a mask for an extended period of time.
- Always wear an SPF on your face! This one is very important to protect against harmful UV Rays and also against premature aging of the skin. Taking your mask on and off alot can leave the skin exposed to the sun’s rays.
- If you have irritation on your skin leave it alone to heal by itself as touching it could further spread the acne and make the condition worse.
If you would like to read the full article on Evoke.ie please follow the link below!