‘CLOUD SKIN’ TUTORIAL
What is Cloud Skin?
Cloud Skin is a makeup and skincare trend that aims to create a soft-focus, radiant complexion that mimics the appearance of a cloud. It’s all about achieving a dewy, fresh-faced look with a blurred, almost airbrushed finish. The goal is to create a youthful and luminous complexion that looks like you’re effortlessly glowing from within.
How to Achieve Cloud Skin?
The key to achieving cloud skin is to focus on skincare first. Healthy, hydrated skin is the foundation of any makeup look. So, start by prepping your skin with a good skincare routine that includes cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. Look for products that are nourishing and hydrating, and try to incorporate ingredients like hyaluronic acid, glycerin, and ceramides, which can help plump and moisturize the skin.
Once your skin is prepped and moisturized, it’s time to move on to makeup. Here are some steps to follow to achieve the cloud skin look:
1. Primer. Start with a hydrating primer to create a smooth canvas for your makeup application. Look for primers that have a luminous or dewy finish to add to the overall glowy effect of cloud skin.
2. Lightweight Foundation. Opt for a lightweight, sheer to medium coverage foundation or a tinted moisturizer to even out your skin tone without masking your skin’s natural texture. You can use a beauty blender or a foundation brush to blend the product into your skin for a seamless finish.
3. Liquid or Cream Highlighter. Choose a cream highlighter in a soft, pearlescent shade and apply it to the high points of your face, such as the cheekbones, brow bone, and the bridge of the nose. Use your fingers or a small synthetic brush to blend the highlighter for a natural-looking glow.
4. Cream Blush. These blushes are perfect for achieving the cloud skin look as they provide a fresh, dewy flush of color to the cheeks. Choose a cream blush in a soft pink or peachy shade and apply it to the apples of your cheeks using your fingers or a stippling brush. Blend it out towards your hairline for a seamless finish.
5. Finishing Powder. To set your makeup and give it a soft-focus effect, lightly dust a translucent or setting powder all over your face. When looking for the right loose powder, consider soft, light, fluffy, rolling, barely there clouds. Avoid powders that grab or feel textured. The smoother, the better for this look.
6. Setting Spray. Finish your makeup look with a spritz of a hydrating setting spray to lock in your makeup and give your skin a fresh, dewy finish.
This is a popular trend right now because it still goes along the lines of minimal makeup, but it is better for people with oily skin and it is better for film and flash photography. The cloud skin effect gives your skin almost a filter quality.
You might also be instered in…
Simplify Your Routine: How to Multi-task Your Way to a Flawless Look! In the fast-paced world we live in, efficiency is key, and that extends to our beauty routines as well. Makeup multi-tasking is a game-changer that allows you to achieve a stunning look without...